Size: 77 x 57 cm
Jumana el-Husseini was born in Jerusalem in 1932. She left for Beirut, Lebanon in 1948 and presently resides in Paris. During the 1950's she studied painting, ceramics, and sculpture while majoring in political science at the American University of Beirut and the Beirut College for Women. El-Husseini is a painter and sculptor who has won many medals and has an extensive international exhibition record.
Her selected solo exhibitions include: Gallery Anadiel, Jerusalem, 1993; Shoman Gallery, Amman, Jordan, 1990; Argile Gallery, London, 1990; Galerie Étienne Dinet, Paris, 1990; Addison/Ripley Gallery, Washington, 1989; Sviet Friendship Center, Moscow, 1989; Arab Heritage Gallery, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, 1984; Redec Gallery, Jedda, Saudi Arabia, 1981; Galerie Antiquaire, Beirut, Lebanon, 1973; Galleria Delta, Rome, 1973; and Staedtische Galerie Imlanbachhaus, Munich, Germany, 1971.
Her selected group exhibitions include: Forces of Change: Artists of the Arab World, The National Museum of Women in the Arts, Washington, DC, 1994; Grand Palais, Paris, France, 1992; Museum of Modern Art, Tokyo, Japan, 1988; Salle d'Exposition de Sépulere, Caen, France, 1986; Centre des Unions Cretiennes, Geneva, Switzerland, 1986; Kunstnernes Hus, Oslo, Norway, 1981; Ausstellungs Zentum, Fransektum, Berlin, Germany, 1980; Museum of Modern Art, Warsaw, Poland, 1980; National Museum, Madrid, Spain, 1980; United Nations, Geneva, Switzerland, 1979; Japanese Society for Afro-Asian Artists, Tokyo, Japan, 1978; and Union of Arab Artists Exhibition, traveling to Algeria, Morocco, and Tunisia, 1975.